Prog house/breaks?

simcard

prog house is meh,,

tech house is where its at... nice little amens occasionally in that shit,,, gets pretty grimey at points to,and has lots of little bleeps and beeps to fuck with ur shit whilst yo are on the floor.. deep reese like baselines too, somtimes...

breaks,,,, hmmm I heard some interesting shit at supper the oteher night and I was having a chat with the dude who was djing and he called it "tear out" its quite drak and techy,, but still slow as a retarded snail on sleeping pills,, so it didnt grab me too much

breaks gets on my tits abit actually, like it feels so empty and consumable, and stangnant and like a generic commercial rip off of drum and bass...

like it can have the same vibes,,, but theres far too much pointing, and cowbells for my liking...

If MENSA was to apply various samples of electonic music in their tests i think that the lower levels would gravitate to breaks, as , well lets face it, it aint the smartest music is it,,

breaks as opposed has one thing missing that seperates the boys from the men or the girls from the woman.

and thats the darktech heavy tremens coupled with a bassline that feels like its haunting your soul and taking you higher or deeper into the rhythmic collective memories of the syncapated tribal rhythms...

Wheres that element in breaks...

its all so sterile and mechanical... maybe they liek it like that,,, but to me ,,, nah not keen eh>?

well except for dark dirty electro breaks,,, now thats a different tale all together,,,

yea

im ambivilent

maybe one day I will b shown the light of the breaks massif,,, but so far im still in the dark.....

someone commented to me that they couldnt get into really heavy dnb cause it wasnt fast enough. For me the speed is somewhat irrelevant, as long as there is a breakbeat there.

I love my breaks, I have breaks tunes which are completely mental at the drop and definantly compete with dnb in terms of heaviness (Breakfastaz, anything on Broke Recordings - Id name more but I havent seen my tunes in ages =/ )

they are very similar, I just find breaks a bit slower.

Good tunes are good tunes, no matter what the genre. I can go to most gigs and have a good time.

As I see it music is an international language, you have to open to appreciate it and have the sense to know what is a bad and a wickid mix.

I think instead of listing what I like I'd have to go for what I wouldn't pay to go to, that would have to be "Country" and "Trance". :|

yeah, once you get used to dnb i think breaks just sounds odd...

i can totaly get down to psy trance and tribal.. and maybe a bitta breaks but i find dancing to breaks a tad annoying... just doesnt do it for me.

psy trance (in the right place with the right people) is fucking awsome

i must say i like all the weird bussy sounds that come from it, and the way you kinda find yourself stomping to the rythm of it. (but IMO suits best outside in the wilderness (ive never ventured into the auckland scene of it and i dont think i want to))

but yeah i think princess is right... if it sounds good then fuckin aye... and also who youre with and the circumstances at the time can change how good it is (to me anyway)

i honestly dont know what prog house sounds like nor tech house

id have to sit down with someone who knew what was what and have a listen before i could judge cause goddamn theres so many genres of this shit!

I like breaks. I prefer dnb always but breaks is an acceptable substitute. I like electro too. But breaks and electro have to be seriously filthy to be listenable. I can't do house. It makes my skin crawl and my lip curl. You can dance to breaks and electro in high heels though.

I like breaks. I prefer dnb always but breaks is an acceptable substitute. I like electro too. But breaks and electro have to be seriously filthy to be listenable. I can't do house. It makes my skin crawl and my lip curl. You can dance to breaks and electro in high heels though.

hehehe, go the high heels! i dunno how yall do it eh.. i get sore feet dancing even when im wearing sneaker or skate shoes, let alone being on my tippy toes all night long!

i dont mind breaks, but i do find it strange to dance to! and yes, grimyness is essential! i really havent heard much electro.. i did however go and see catguts once, wasnt quite my thing.. its seemed like an emo dnb spin off at a slightly different tempo. It was entertaining none the less tho.

catguts is electro right?

yeah catguts is electro.

dunno how many of these cats actually know of 'cutguts and the big bang theory' i can totaly get down to it but they only have like 2 songs.. so yeh.. kinda gets boring

i remember you saying you enjoyed their stuff its fun to dance to

and high heels?! jesus i can hardly fucking walk in those things let alone dance i prefer to go harder on the d floor and be comfy and feel awsomely good inside but not look so good.

yea the people that took me to this gig are producers of this stuff and they did show me the differences between all this stuff and i like the dark breaks with the really grimey bass lines i think the guys that make the good shit are nubreed but as u said grind put it up to 45 so we can dance. also i did miss the total science gig so i could go will not be making the mistake again.

hehehe, go the high heels! i dunno how yall do it eh...

Practice. I love shoes. They may be killing my feet but so long as they match my shirt/skirt/etc I'll put up with it. Also, I'm itty bitty so heels don't turn me into a towering monlith

hehehe, go the high heels! i dunno how yall do it eh...

Practice. I love shoes. They may be killing my feet but so long as they match my shirt/skirt/etc I'll put up with it. Also, I'm itty bitty so heels don't turn me into a towering monlith

You mean Monolith right? HAHA I am the most un anal person about syntax and spelling, but I remember reading you are.

If you can understand it I dnt care how you spell it! Accept for when I play CRANIUM meheheheheh!

You mean Monolith right?

Ha ha yeah There are worse things to be monomaniacal about though

I took off my boots for a while on Saturday night, your feet get cut, bruised and filthy but sometimes you just gotta. I never wear heels to dnb events if I can possibly avoid it but Saturday was one of those days. Sneakers for dnb, for sure.

You mean Monolith right?

Ha ha yeah There are worse things to be monomaniacal about though

I took off my boots for a while on Saturday night, your feet get cut, bruised and filthy but sometimes you just gotta. I never wear heels to dnb events if I can possibly avoid it but Saturday was one of those days. Sneakers for dnb, for sure.

yeah bare feet in fu is a bit risky. but theres nothing better than dancing in bare feet (if you can) i think if i wore high heels to fu id be way too fuckin tall, i would probably knee people in the face :|