Your favorite TV programs at the mo.....

Princess007

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah boh, Shortland Street is nothing, NOTHING. I started watching H&A in disgust initially, while hungover and the missus had the remote. I took it upon myself to highlight every ridiculous feature of the show, only to become so engaged in critiquing it that I became involved in the storyline. It drip feeds you like some kind of psychological trap.

sealab 2021

drawn together

family guy

futurama

southpark

simpsons

naruto

invader zim

robot chicken

Agreed, haven't seen Naruto but am definately a fan of all the others on this list, plus American Dad.

As far as programmes starring actual people, I like Scrubs, The Young Ones (why only 2 seasons!!) and the Office. Keen to check out Weeds but may have to do some extreme aerial rigging to pick up Prime in the bunker that we call home...

And I must also confess to a unexplainable Home & Away addiction, can't stand any other soaps but am hooked on H&A...

Maybe we can start a DnB Headz Hooked on Home and Away support group...

Id be careful what you say around here pAKAGe

Hehe did you get that line from Home and Away Mark?

I can sympathize with the whole getting addicted thing when someone else is watching it cause thats what happened to me when I was like, um 14? Then you realize that its shit and force yourself to stop watching it, right? Throw the whole fucking TV away I say its all rubbish, subliminal advertising, direct advertising, propaganda. You can download the stuff thats not.

I could rant for hours about why I dont watch TV but I can't be assed. Check out this article though its pretty interesting. Most of the other ones in that folder are as well, they are from the same issue of Scientific American.

I feel guilty now. Being a media-whore doesn't make you a bad person, really.

As for subliminal advertising, we have to have our fun somehow. People shouldn't be so weak minded. Using ads for chocolate biscuits during an "I lost 50pounds - and changed my life!" talk-show episode makes the lack of sunlight worth it.

It's actually quite amazing how quickly TV is ruined for you. You can't help but criticise and pull apart everything you see. After spending all day in production the last thing you wanna do is go home and watch it.

Id be careful what you say around here pAKAGe

Hehe did you get that line from Home and Away Mark?

I can sympathize with the whole getting addicted thing when someone else is watching it cause thats what happened to me when I was like, um 14? Then you realize that its shit and force yourself to stop watching it, right? Throw the whole fucking TV away I say its all rubbish, subliminal advertising, direct advertising, propaganda. You can download the stuff thats not.

I could rant for hours about why I dont watch TV but I can't be assed. Check out this article though its pretty interesting. Most of the other ones in that folder are as well, they are from the same issue of Scientific American.

yeah i must admit i have been addicted to H&A but no way would i watch it now.. i just dont have time for that.

and yeh i reckon if youre gonna watch tv make sure you mute the ads or even put the screen to fuzz untill its over.

and only watch shit that you want to watch... cause if ya sit there flicking through utter crap then i think thats gonna do you no good at all

I feel guilty now. Being a media-whore doesn't make you a bad person, really. It's actually quite amazing how quickly TV is ruined for you. You can't help but criticise and pull apart everything you see. After spending all day in production the last thing you wanna do is go home and watch it.

Media Studies at Uni makes me feel the same way. I can hardly 'ingest' media sometimes, depending on what mood I am in.

best shows at the moment = entourage and weeds.

if you can find them grab them, i reckon c4 should of shown entourage its one of the best new (although 3 seasons in) show in a long time

haha entourage fan are we bugsy?

that plays on cable here nearly every night..

mind-numbingly addictive, but addictive all the same. produced by mark wahlberg, and starring matt dillon's brother i believe

definately worth a watch!

yeah i must admit i have been addicted to H&A but no way would i watch it now.. i just dont have time for that.

By christ I'm still a fiend for that shit; if i miss the daily episodes I catch the omnibus on sunday haha

And of course, the Sopranos and top gear

Home & Away, for me, has much more meaning. You see, its the one time of the day when myself and all my flat mates can get together. Its just so hard to have everyone around at the same time these days, and with home&away it brings us all together.

It may be the arsehole of our lounge, but for that 30 minutes, im alive.

best shows at the moment = entourage and weeds.

if you can find them grab them, i reckon c4 should of shown entourage its one of the best new (although 3 seasons in) show in a long time

haha entourage fan are we bugsy?

that plays on cable here nearly every night..

mind-numbingly addictive, but addictive all the same. produced by mark wahlberg, and starring matt dillon's brother i believe

definately worth a watch!

ari is king! he even one a tv award oscar thingy for his role.

slowly been getting the people around me watching it, and no bad things said yet!

I get off on Alfs classic sayings. such as

"Flamin Hell"

"I didnt come down in the last shower" (probably said once a week)

"Strike me ruth!"

fuck this im off to the home and away forum.

or you could combine "strike and ruth" to make "struth !!!"

Alf is classic

it's all about 24

jack bauer - don't fuck with him....or his daughter (she's mine)

I get off on Alfs classic sayings. such as

"Flamin Hell"

"I didnt come down in the last shower" (probably said once a week)

"Strike me ruth!"

or you could combine "strike and ruth" to make "struth !!!"

Alf is classic

I thought 'struth' was an abbreviation of 'God's truth'.

You can get addicted to anything if you watch it enough. I think my worst TV addiction to date was Hey Arnold. What about it fascinated me so much I don't know but that's the magic of visual media isn't it?

I personally blame the phenomenal rugby ball head for the addictive properties of Hey Arnold... Can't help but wonder what life would be like for Arnold if he was a real boy with that head. At least he would have a friend in Stewie Griffin (except Stewie would exploit Arnold's weaknesses in no time and use him to destroy Lois)

I think my personal favourite Alf-ism would have to be "Strike me flamin' handsome!"

I feel guilty now. Being a media-whore doesn't make you a bad person, really.

As for subliminal advertising, we have to have our fun somehow. People shouldn't be so weak minded. Using ads for chocolate biscuits during an "I lost 50pounds - and changed my life!" talk-show episode makes the lack of sunlight worth it.

I sometimes wondered if some of that shit was done manually by some prankster or if it was 100% randomness