smoking apparati and paraphernalia

skono

soo jimmy anderton's pushing for stronger laws against the sale of ganj-smoking devices//

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411368/816179

he actually seems to think that will stop people smoking weed haha

so skepties!

i wonder if he knows about spots, buckies, frosties, waterfalls, shotguns, DIY bongs, apple pipes, pen pipes, can pipes etc...

half the fun of being a pot-smoking youth is getting creative on that shit..

it'd be a blow for the hempstore, cosmic corner and co if these laws get passed. but i guess most of their business comes from "party" pills these days anyhow.

Jimmy Anderton is a wowser. He is theminister of Agriculture or something and he wouldn't stand up for Bee and Seed farmers who are going to be out of Pocket $54,000,000 because of veroa bee mite. He said it was just an added cost that they will have to bear.......

Yet he spends so much time trying to stop drugs be it party pills, weed and even sacred Alcohol. He's the tool responsible for the completely ineffectual and I would add own goal that is the sherry tax that was supposed to stem the consumption of half strength vodka et al.

Skono makes an excellent point, there is more than 1 way to smoke a bud.

haha what a joke! that guy is a serious dickhead :tet2neu:

"But Anderton says a technicality of parliament means that all parties must agree to the legislation before it can be included in the bill."

meh! i don't think it'll happen..

Did you guys know that Jim Anderton's daughter committed suicide, and THC was found in her system? Of course it was the marijuana that made her kill herself wasn't it Jim? As much as I feel sorry for him, I just can't stand the fact that someone with such deep personal reasons for absolutely hating drugs is the one who makes all these outrageous laws. It's far from fair for the 500,000 odd hard working, tax paying citizens of this country who in effect are putting food on Jimmy's table to be labelled as criminals just because they have toked, or do toke on some plant that grows naturally?

It pisses me off to think, if I was busted having a session (hypothetical situation there, never gonna happen ), I would be considered a criminal, find it hard to get a job which I would deserve whether I had a conviction or not, and would have great difficulty leaving the country.

A lot of activists who are trying to reform the marijuana laws in this country believe decriminalization would have happened by now if we didn't have the fuckwit that we've got at the moment in parliament, apparently doing the country good and protecting it's people against this evil drug.

Well, with all due respect to that retard Jim Anderton, it was actually Labour who passed this same bill about 3 or 4 years ago... this is merely to be an amendment on that because the govt had a mare and it was loophole city! Thus, nothing has really changed within the drug paraphenalia industry since then..

Cant say i care if this does become law. COULD be positive in an 'out of sight, out of mind' sense. It would be difficult to police('vases', tobacco pipes etc.)

Yeah, pretty much. What are they gonna come into my house and confiscate my knives? What about my Rizla? Are apples gonna be banned too?

I agree about the crack thing though... *puts on talkback radio voice* "those glass pipes are ridiculously easy to get hold of, and they should be banned outright." :emo:

I agree about the crack thing though... *puts on talkback radio voice* "those glass pipes are ridiculously easy to get hold of, and they should be banned outright." :emo:

its pretty easy to get your hands on tin foil or a lightbulb however :|

the paraphernalia laws are typical of the pathetic reactionary politics that plague mainstream attitudes to drug use...

jail terms and pipe bans don't keep people off teh drugs; the government needs to focus on education and harm prevention.

people are going to use drugs, pipes or no pipes, so they should be given the FACTS, and the issue should be treated as one of health, not crime - it won't be easy, but quickfix schemes like pipe bans ain't gonna work jim..

/end rant

the paraphernalia laws are typical of the pathetic reactionary politics that plague mainstream attitudes to drug use...

hear hear!!!

jail terms and pipe bans don't keep people off teh drugs; the government needs to focus on education and harm prevention.

people are going to use drugs, pipes or no pipes, so they should be given the FACTS, and the issue should be treated as one of health, not crime - it won't be easy, but quickfix schemes like pipe bans ain't gonna work jim..

yeah totally man, it's the same old story that anti-prohibitionists have been trying to push for years.. hopefully the next generation of politicians will be able to see the forest for the (proverbial) trees! :eusa_shifty:

hear hear!!!

yeah totally man, it's the same old story that anti-prohibitionists have been trying to push for years.. hopefully the next generation of politicians will be able to see the forest for the (proverbial) trees! :eusa_shifty:

will they be able to smell their own shit on their knees?

...people are going to use drugs, pipes or no pipes, so they should be given the FACTS, and the issue should be treated as one of health, not crime...

I totally agree. People always have and always will seek intoxication and euphoria. The use of recreational drugs has bee present in every civilisation to date. Life has sucked since life began and people seek relief from that in different (but age-old) ways...religion, physical gratification, drugs and other euphoriants, materialism, etc

So why are we fighting it? Why not just accept it, and, as you say Skono, aim for harm minimisation. Personally, I don't take drugs, but I used to and am all too familiar with the result of youth+curiosity+drugs+ignorance(=stink). I don't care if my friends take drugs, so long as they don't hurt themselves (/spew on my shoes).