RIP Steve Erwin

kritical

I'm bracing myself for a barrage of abuse from any Irwin lovers out there but really, it was only a matter of time...

That man had his fingers in too many pies I tells ya, and he pushed the limits a little too far on several occasions (anyone remember the Antarctic incident) surely for the sake of ratings more so than the animals in recent times. Shoulda stuck to crocs.

Or could it be that I'm just intolerant of anyone who has a voice that annoying

Sad for his family though, esp with 2 little kids.

I'm bracing myself for a barrage of abuse from any Irwin lovers out there but really, it was only a matter of time...

That man had his fingers in too many pies I tells ya, and he pushed the limits a little too far on several occasions (anyone remember the Antarctic incident) surely for the sake of ratings more so than the animals in recent times. Shoulda stuck to crocs.

In that case only a passionless git would say something as idiotic as that!

Hazards comes with all aspects of most occupations, doesn't mean anyone deserves to die for working in those situations. Do you laugh at soldiers getting blown up by terrorists too?, because well, they shouldn't be there according to your logic!

In that case only a passionless git would say something as idiotic as that!

Hazards comes with all aspects of most occupations, doesn't mean anyone deserves to die for working in those situations. Do you laugh at soldiers getting blown up by terrorists too?, because well, they shouldn't be there according to your logic!

By no means am I laughing at his death, nor do I find it amusing when soldiers die in combat or freestyle motocross riders break their legs or any other such analogy but yes, as you say it is a risk that comes with the job and as tragic as it is soldiers (and Steve Irwin) take that risk every day I'm sure they live with that thought constantly.

Also in no way am I saying that he shouldn't have been there, many of the most rewarding things in life are rewarding because of the risks associated.

I was just surprised that the majority of the people that were in my close proximity when the news broke seemed to be very shocked that he could die in such a way when my thinking is that it was the logical way for him to pass.

yes RIp Stevo

he was a mad man, but a good mad man,,,

but u live by the sword u die by the sword dont u...

and think of it this way at least he was taken whilst he was doing what he loved,,,

he will b missed..

hmmmm. so much to say , so much to say...

should I dare voice my real opinions?

or should I hold back...

what is a boy to do?

yes it is a tragedy and yes stevo (the devo) did mad shit fer shit...(whilst quite possibly on shit)..

BUT REALLY

why the big hoo haa..

its like an aussie peter blake thang.. remember that dude peter blake , that rich dude who got owned by pirates, whilst on his multi million dollar boat in one of the poorest areas on earth,,,

Ok so stevo wasnt as much as a Bourgeois wanker as peter blake was,,,

but still..

He really had it coming,,,

I say bummer,,, but I also say build a bridge, and we will have his legacy to equally amuse and annoy for years to come,

Edited by Guest

Apologies for distasteful comments especially re annoying voice and by all means kudos to the man for his environmental work and drawing attention to the cause.

I confess to being an idiotic git but am not without passion

Edited by Guest

I am so sad by this,

I loved Steve and his over the top nature I thought he was great with such passion,

yes pretty much everything he did had major risks but I think he knew a lot more then he was letting on about the animals.

I really wanted to visit his zoo and hopefully meet him.

Now I will have to go and pay tribute to him.

R.I.P

Crocodile hunter

I am so sad by this,

I loved Steve and his over the top nature I thought he was great with such passion,

yes pretty much everything he did had major risks but I think he knew a lot more then he was letting on about the animals.

I really wanted to visit his zoo and hopefully meet him.

Now I will have to go and pay tribute to him.

R.I.P

Crocodile hunter

I went to his zoo, it was cool as.

Steve was a true bloody legend... A genuine character, truly passionate about what he did. He did a great deal of good for animal protection and environmentalism in general.. and NZ could only wish to have such a hard-case, good natured icon. (comparisons to Sir Peter Blake, wtf?)

Steve will be remembered for a long time, and rightly so..

May you wrestle those great crocs in the sky mate.

Rest In Peace.

:lighta:

Steve was a true bloody legend... A genuine character, truly passionate about what he did. He did a great deal of good for animal protection and environmentalism in general.. and NZ could only wish to have such a hard-case, good natured icon. (comparisons to Sir Peter Blake, wtf?)

Steve will be remembered for a long time, and rightly so..

May you wrestle those great crocs in the sky mate.

Rest In Peace.

:lighta: