Hard House Hell

thr339z

is hard house, shit or manky?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. is hard house, shit or manky?

• shit
    • manky

If hell was real...hard house would be playing, neverending, never changing,never dropping, relentless fucking hard house...

I was there on saturday night.

Yes whilst most if not all of u peeps were having a great time at fu and or shapeshifter I was in "hard House Hell"

Madz was there too but maybe she has a better take on it,,,

Why was I in "hard House Hell" well I was doing the visuals,,, I played some evil shit,, as well as some cool shit but was very saddened with my self when I couldnt bring my self to play more than 5 seconds of a 9/11 video I have,,

Now im not sure that u guys know this or not,,, but hard hosue kids like repetitive never changing music with REAL annoying cheeky rave stabs that sound like " nah nah nahnah nahh!". and they like wound up vocals that soumnd like chip munks on crack,, ALSO if u are a jungalist they dont and wont talk to u... infact if they do cross their comfort zone they ask if ur and I quote "a gangsta" and then ask what nails choons u are feeling, and then u say, "nah hard house is manky and the scenes full of idiots who think they are all like "scarey and tough and dark" but in reality are fucking noobs who dont know shit...

"HARD HOUSE HELL I TELLS U!"

and then the promoter fucks you around and doesnt pay u and u get a little bit "antsy" and wanna go and make a choon that has the killa hertz level in it that makes people shit them selves, and then mascerade as a Hard House dj and get s a set , and drop it so everyone in the place shits them self. Thats how much hard house smells, like 500 people simultaneously shitting,,,

grrrr Hard house has eaten my soul... I need release,,, time for some tech itch..

thanks for listening

Madz was there too but maybe she has a better take on it...

It's true, it's true... *sob* I was there. Of my own free will too. I feel so incredibly dirty. I was promised "Dirty mashing whores and mad pounding bass"

Hell is back! Back with all the fury and fiery flames of its deepest lakes! Never will you see a strike of such malice and vicious vengeance.

I buckled under the peer pressure, I went. It was ok, there was d'n'b in one room and the DJ was hot. It wasn't dark and it wasn't nasty, indeed the first song I heard upon arrival was Children, yes, Children. Don't pretend like you don't know that song, you do. It's by Robert Miles, big about 3-4 yrs ago. One of those revolting commercial pop anthems that's forcibly scorched upon your aural receptors, with or without your consent. I was pretty surpised to hear it being played. I thought they were kidding. It did however improve later on, I even danced.

And tbh, I don't think I could get away with turning up to a d'n'b gig dressed as I was. Mmmmmm body paint.

Edited by Guest

I could hear that shit on Saturday night from an apartment that overlooks K Rd.. and I could see all the bottom-feeders that make up the HH demographic spilling out onto the pavement too.. it was sickening, yet strangely compelling to observe, like a car crash site..

I would really like to think there is something good with the genre... really. But I just cant get it. Ive been told the changes are really subtle. Guess my brain isnt wired to listen to 4/4 cause all I want to do is march to it... or some aerobics =) *puts on some choppage*... much better =)

• 2 weeks later...
So ahhh, no one likes hard house here then.......

well dont get me wrong I do kinda like it

Ie Paul Glazby etcetc, iits jus this party was a bit weird ,,, the crowd was VERY young and a little kinda hmm how u say" commercial"

like hell raiser was really good I thought

AND welcome to the charmed1 a very very very old freind o mine, from the city o the future!

So ahhh, no one likes hard house here then.......

well dont get me wrong I do kinda like it

Ie Paul Glazby etcetc, iits jus this party was a bit weird ,,, the crowd was VERY young and a little kinda hmm how u say" commercial"

like hell raiser was really good I thought

AND welcome to the charmed1 a very very very old freind o mine, from the city o the future!

For the record, I am NOT that old!!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome, and nice to hear you arent completely anti - seeing as I do quite like hard house on occasion

If you like music you should be open to all genre's.

Just like bad drum and bass there is bad hard house.

Change is constant, so are tunes. Good times can be had by all at a "good" gigs. If you've got the technical ability, and you can spin great tunes, anyone can have a good time. Its about you being open. The environement, people around you and most importantly a frickn good sound system all come into play for an excellent gig.

yeah.. as open-minded as i am, i still haven't really heard any 'hard-house' that i've really liked, although i haven't given it much of a chance

techno is the shit though, probably the closest thing you can get to neurofunk outside of drum n bass..

Why? I like literature and art but I don't like all literature and art.

The dictionary defines Mu·sic (noun) as:

1. sounds, usually produced by instruments or voices, that are arranged or played in order to create a pleasing or stimulating effect

2. the art of arranging or making sounds, usually those of musical instruments or voices, in groups and patterns that create a pleasing or stimulating effect

3. music of a particular type, for example, of a particular place or time, for a particular instrument, of a particular style, or appealing to a particular group

4. written notation on paper indicating the pitch, duration, rhythm, and tone of notes to be played

5. any sound or group of sounds that is pleasing or stimulating

6. a group of musicians (archaic)

Not all genres please, stimulate or appeal to everyone me, thus by definition, and in accordance with my personal tastes and opinions, genres like Christian Rock and sop-rock aren't music.

But my distaste for a certain genre in no way detracts from the right of others to listen to and enjoy it.

the crowd was VERY young and a little kinda hmm how u say" commercial"

There's nothing wrong with being young. I wouldn't have called Pharmacy particularly commercial. To me the commercial implies mass-marketing and hardcore and gabber aren't really suited to the palate of the general population.

The dictionary defines Mu·sic (noun) as:

1. sounds, usually produced by instruments or voices, that are arranged or played in order to create a pleasing or stimulating effect

2. the art of arranging or making sounds, usually those of musical instruments or voices, in groups and patterns that create a pleasing or stimulating effect

3. music of a particular type, for example, of a particular place or time, for a particular instrument, of a particular style, or appealing to a particular group

4. written notation on paper indicating the pitch, duration, rhythm, and tone of notes to be played

5. any sound or group of sounds that is pleasing or stimulating

6. a group of musicians (archaic)

Not all genres please, stimulate or appeal to everyone me, thus by definition, and in accordance with my personal tastes and opinions, genres like Christian Rock and sop-rock aren't music.

But my distaste for a certain genre in no way detracts from the right of others to listen to and enjoy it.

the crowd was VERY young and a little kinda hmm how u say" commercial"

There's nothing wrong with being young. I wouldn't have called Pharmacy particularly commercial. To me the commercial implies mass-marketing and hardcore and gabber aren't really suited to the palate of the general population.

Good for you, well done clap! clap!

Being open to music does'nt mean you have to like it. I'm open to much music which i appreciate and respect, but don't enjoy listening too. I agree with Prnicess, i think it's quite important.