I think hes dead

AbsoluteValue

LAKELAND, Fla. -- Officers fired 110 rounds of ammunition at the suspect in the killing of a Polk County sheriff's deputy, according to an autopsy and records released by the sheriff's office Saturday.

Angilo Freeland -- who allegedly fatally shot Deputy Vernon Matthew Williams after being pulled over for speeding Thursday -- was hit 68 times by the SWAT team members' shots, the examination showed.

"You have to understand, he had already shot and killed a deputy, he had already shot and killed a K-9 and he shot and injured another deputy," Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said by phone Saturday. "Quite frankly, we weren't taking any chances."

http://www.local6.com/news/9975105/detail.html

ok - lets assume they were semi-automatics or shotguns. If 4 guys are firing on you like that for say 3 seconds each... thats a FUCKLOAD of lead your going to eat. If its a shotty and you take it at close range thats even worse.

Not as bad as it sounds really

68!! rounds dam and thats the ones that hit!( remember paint ball guys hahaha) i think to get that amont in a guys body it would of been more than 3 secs. and more like the hole swat team having a go! GO TEAM GO!

People who get into the swat team.. dont miss very often. The majority of semi automatic rifles have a 28 - 35 round capacity standard issue. You can empty an entire clip in about 3 - 4 seconds - obviously loosing accuracy. But 3 -4 guys burst firing could easily hit a target 68 times in about 5 seconds.

However - the reality is that these guys were more than likely raging a on a bit of vengeance - theres no way they thought that they actually had to shoot him that many times to neutralize him.

68!! rounds dam and thats the ones that hit!( remember paint ball guys hahaha) i think to get that amont in a guys body it would of been more than 3 secs. and more like the hole swat team having a go! GO TEAM GO!

People who get into the swat team.. dont miss very often. The majority of semi automatic rifles have a 28 - 35 round capacity standard issue. You can empty an entire clip in about 3 - 4 seconds - obviously loosing accuracy. But 3 -4 guys burst firing could easily hit a target 68 times in about 5 seconds.

However - the reality is that these guys were more than likely raging a on a bit of vengeance - theres no way they thought that they actually had to shoot him that many times to neutralize him.

semi automatic!!! dam so you press the trigger 35 times in 3sec's there sum fast shooting! 110 rounds fired about 40% of thos rounds missed. colts on full auto do 12.5 a sec crazy shit!

That's gotta smart.

Isn't it fairly safe to assume that the cops would be amping hard on adrenaline? In which case, the logic centres in their brains would be considerably impaired. They'd be working the 'fight or flight' instinct which would probably encourage them to ensure the guy was fucked. Like, proper fucked.

Allegedly huh?

Wow, must be enough to merit becoming a lead embodied corpse...

I do so hope I never inadvertantly "allegedly" do something, I'd be quite fucked off at the person who got it wrong...

The whole shot dead regime would suck as well.

yeah it seems quite weird that they fired that many shots, most spec ops/swat guys go double tapping for either your head or chest aiming to bring you down as fast as possiable. these guys must have continued to shoot at him long after he had been hit just to re-enforce the fact the guy was dead.

Well he's dead. It's not like it matters much to him whether he eats two, three or even ten rounds. He's still a goner. It's kinda gross and wasteful to fire so many, but it doesn't make that much difference does it?

Well he's dead. It's not like it matters much to him whether he eats two, three or even ten rounds. He's still a goner. It's kinda gross and wasteful to fire so many, but it doesn't make that much difference does it?

although it dosent matter to me personally, im sure there is police protocol that says its not on, and also you have to remember that this guy is someones son. I would be so angry and upset if a bunch of red neck cops put that much lead into someone i loved. At the end of the day, there wasnt any need for it